Saturday, August 25, 2007

Blogger Beginnings

Hello to all. I suppose I should give you a little history of myself, since some of you may be new readers. My name is Dan, and I am looking at a future in filmmaking. I graduated from Illinois State University last year, and I loved every minute of it. It is, however, time to start a new chapter in life.

The particulars on my future career are still being worked out, but fortunately for the next two years I will be working with some of the industry's best at the new Flashpoint Academy. I have a little time until the unveiling of the new classroom center in Daley Plaza, so I'll be saving up some money and looking for an apartment in Chicago. Easier said than done.

Anyway, with this being the inaugural season for Flashpoint, there is a level of excitement that I (and I'm sure other students) feel. This is not just another school that I will attend for a degree, and it is not something that will involve sitting through boring math classes every morning. This is the real deal. Hands on. These people will immerse you in the film environment, as well as three other programs that they offer - digital media, recording arts, and video games. What's not to like?

Although the hardworking staff at Flashpoint will do quite a bit to help students into these four markets, it is ultimately up to us. If we don't have the passion and commitment to be a part of it, then we're in trouble. We must be prepared to take on the challenges that the school will present us with. Not to worry, since right now I feel like I could take on the world. Only 400 students are allowed during this first year, so it is much smaller than my last educational experience.


I'm sure it will turn out to be something big. Really big.

DM

No comments: