Sunday, January 13, 2008

Directing vs. Cinematography

A couple of things today-

I hope you can spare a few seconds to look at these awesome production photos from a movie called "The League" which is currently in production. Click the link below to view the pics.

http://greyraven75.blogspot.com/

This is also the link below known as "Alec Siegel - Filmmaker" which is where you can view more information on the film, due out later this year.

In other news, "Lost Wallet" is expected to be finished this week, which begs the question, what's next? Flashpoint has made it known that the next productions will be bigger and longer, but at the same time not everyone will be directing. I know that I will want to be involved with the cinematography. That's not to say that I won't ever direct again, but lets just say that I enjoy using the camera a little bit more.

The director and the cinematographer have always worked very closely. They almost have to in order to come out with a great looking film. I feel that, in many cases, a film and its director can only look as good as its camera work.

But I suppose this is true of the art direction, sound, music, etc.

Lastly, here's a couple photos to chew on. Still walking around with that camera in my jacket pocket.



Enjoy,

DM

No comments: