Thursday, December 6, 2007

Easy Like Sunday Morning

This picture is Daley Plaza on a cold sunday morning. I find it amazing that a city so busy with life on a weekday can look like this on a Sunday. Granted, it was rather early in the morning but nonetheless, downtown was empty and cold for much of the morning.

Sunday was the day I officially started working as Director of Photography on another short film. This film was much different than my own, since it was indoors and in only one location. This made filming a lot easier.

Don't get me wrong, it was still a lot of hard work, but it was very refreshing not having to rush from one location to another, only to be halted by authorities who don't want you to film there. I have two more films to work on, both of which I am producing. Although I am excited by all of these films, I am eager to sit down and edit my own film.

On a side note, I loved being the cinematographer. I feel like it is where I belong.

DM

No comments: