Monday, September 3, 2007

Lifetime Connections Part Duex


Once again, I ponder how I will work with many of the people I will meet at Flashpoint, as well as how these relationships will pan out throughout the next several years. Beyond this, I also think about relationships I have already developed - through family.

I have 3 brothers, 2 of which are in college pursuing careers that are not so different from my own. One is nearing his final semesters as an ambitious film student, who can likely stump me with his knowledge of how to shoot on 16mm. The other is entering his sophomore year with plans to manage music - likely blues and jazz (Although I am sure he will be playing a little too).

Will I work with my brothers often in the future? I suppose that many say they can't work with family - in any profession. But perhaps it will be different for me. Only time will tell, but I can gaurantee that I will be bouncing film ideas off of them on many occasions in the future. Well, for that matter, I already do. I am constantly bothering them with my own film ideas, no matter how silly they may be. We shall see.

DM

No comments: