Sunday, September 9, 2007

Macbook Pro


This would be the current object of my affection. Not only will I eventually need a laptop to haul around between classes and work, but buying something like this will allow me to do much more than just whip out essays and check e-mail.

While preparing to attend school as a full time student, I feel that having my work with me at all times would be an extraordinary benefit to my portfolio. After researching the possibilities of how I could make this a reality, it was pretty obvious that I needed to upgrade to a Macbook Pro since movie editing seems to be a hell of a lot easier on that.

What I hope to achieve will be the ability to film something on my camera, perhaps even something spur of the moment, and take it home and edit it within the same day. Yes, it may be farfetched for some people, but it is probably not as uncommon as you would think. I'm not saying i'll be shooting full length features, but I would like to capture a moment and be able to reproduce it online within hours of finishing the shoot. Perhaps I would even post something here on the blog.

Maybe I'm just dreaming of what I could do with a laptop. I do have a desktop that has worked great for years, and yes I have stations at Flashpoint that can assist me in my work, but I just like having my material at my side - easy to work on, where and when I want to.

So I will begin saving money, and with a student discount - and a little luck - I should hope to have one within the next couple months. I just have to remember to keep it with me always, since laptops have a knack for disappearing...

DM

No comments: