Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lifetime Connections

With the Flashpoint school year approaching fast, I can't help but think about the relationships that will develop within the next two years. Not only do I hope to create friendships that will last a lifetime, but I hope to also establish connections with various people in the industry, and not just the film industry.

It's not just about making a film. You have to connect your film to other elements of the industry. Along with the film program, the school is offering recording arts, visual effects, and video games. Recording arts is already a popular subject, and with video games and visual effects making advances every few months, I can imagine that I would be using one of them in the near future.

So these next two years will help develop not only my filmmaking skills, but it will also help me establish connections with people already in the industry, as well as people within the same program I am in. I wrote in a previous post that film is a directors vision brought to life by his/her cast and crew. Perhaps establishing connections gets that building process started. More on this later...

DM

No comments: