Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hope for the Best...

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst" is what my new Assistant Director is pounding into my head. He could not be more right, and I feel this is a motto many filmmakers should live by if they don't already.

With production on my first film just a few days away, many have been excited to see what it will be like during shooting. I have decided that I will use my GL2 camera to show off some of the behind the scenes filming, even though it is only a two day shoot. With this material, we can craft a short documentary on the making of the film. Coupled with what hopefully will become a great film, we can show the two off as part of our film reel.

In fact, if prospective students can see this short film and the making of it, perhaps it will be a helpful advertisement for how Flashpoint film students spend some of their time on a school day.

Monday & Tuesday we begin shooting "Lost Wallet" in downtown Chicago.

Pray for good weather. Please.

DM

No comments: