Thursday, November 1, 2007

Now We're Cooking

With Flashpoint Academy in full swing, filmmaking students have had a taste of acting, directing, production, and screenwriting. Although I love all these aspects dearly, the best part is just beginning. You see here the Panasonic AG-HVX200, which is the camera of choice for the school, and the camera in which I will shoot my first film.

I have heard a number of excellent things about this camera, most of which are good. The few bad things are that it is a little heavy and the viewfinder is low res. Beyond that, this camera seems to be exactly what we need.

I will try and have a more detailed review after I have used it myself, so expect a full report in the coming weeks. Nonetheless now that we're going to be working with these cameras, I feel like the next couple of weeks will be the most challenging and exciting.

Another Flashpoint Film Society screening tonight - Brotherhood of the Wolf. Also, on the 16th, of November Beowulf at IMAX!

More to come,

DM

No comments: